When we were in the process of moving we had to give so much away as we couldn't bring a lot, but I had to bring some personal 'treasures' - mementos from loved ones. It's nice to have reminders of folks around our little home.This was painted my lovely friend Tracey Bainbridge in 2003 and is of me. (It should be the other way round - link won't let me rotate the image!)
This was also painted by Tracey and is now serving as a curtain in my kitchen to protect the passing kids on their way to school from seeing my naked breakfast making! I love the stained glass effect I get in the morning when the sun shines through it.
This lovely cross-stitch bag holder is also proving very useful in the kitchen and was made for me one Christmas by Sylvia Willmot in Scotland, who remembered my life-long love of birds.
Another cross-stitch, that makes me smile everytime I see it and reminds me of Lannie Waggy, who gave it to me for my birthday a few years ago.
And of course my severely whittled-down book collection keeping just my favourites that I plan to
re-read when I am too old to do anything else and without which I would never feel at home.
As with all treasure collections - you have to add to them. This beautiful and erotic Gustav Klimt print is the first picture Dominick and I bought together, and I we're both a bit in love with her. http://www.klimt.com/en/gallery/early-works/klimt-wasserschlangen2-1904.ihtml




So glad I've found your blog Nina. I can't believe you managed to whittle your library of books down to just a few, that must have been a hard task. I have read your blogs backwards as stumbled accross your latest one first. Your change of lifestyle sounds idyllic and I'm so happy for you. Love Cat x
ReplyDeleteCAT! How I miss you! So glad you found this too. At the moment camped outside looking for the Geminid Metero shower! Come and see me sometime x
ReplyDeleteOmg that sounds amazing!!!! I want to be there too :) I'd love to come and visit you and miss you too. So happy for you I truly am. I'm visiting my friend Em's who's moved to Goa in April so maybe near the end of next year after saving again :) xxx
ReplyDelete